European MTGO Vintage players

• European MTGO Vintage players

There has been a discussion about starting a friendly league structure to play some Vintage. I have now set up a facebook group for the planning phase. If you are interested in planning for the league or playing in it just contact me or look up "European Vintage League" group in facebook.

Thanks
    Matti

• @yugular Terve Matti (Hi Matti), this sounds really nice. However, I am not on Facebook so if you could update this thread with the latest info too, it would be much appreciated. The important thing for me with a league would be that it would be run in a way so that I (and probably everybody else with a family) can find the time to play. So if there could be a generous time window for when to play each match it would be great. Regards, Kim

• @kistrand

That is exactly what I am aiming for :) Though the majority will rule.

I originally proposed that we would post pairings on sunday and people have until next saturday to arrange and play their match.

I will keep this thread up-to-date once things move forward.

• @kistrand I would be interested :)

• This sounds great and I would definitely be interested. Unfortunately, I'm another one who's opted out of Facebook.

For reference my MTGO name is: sodoyouwearacape

Very happy to take part if you're able to post pairings here as well. Great initiative - often frustrated by how few DEs are available for Europeans.

• I'm already in the group and we have some decent players in there. If you enjoy playing competitive Vintage and the official daily structure is not working out for you, I'd suggest you to try out this new project. We are excited to see what we can do, there are lots of possibilities, but it depends on people, as always.

The times of matches would be organized by players themselves with 1 week time window (from Sunday to Sunday) so you can arrange the matches to fit both players eventually.

I'm pretty sure we can make it so that there is no requirement to have a Facebook account to participate in this (I myself understand not everyone likes it). We went with Facebook since it was the easiest way to get started. Also, since there is a big leeway for players to arrange their matches, being in a different time zone should not be that much of an issues as it currently is with the official daily system on MTGO.

P.

• Thanks for all the support! We will come up with some kind of basic structure to try out this league for the "1st season". We will keep people outside fb posted and will gladly include anyone who wishes to participate :)

BR
    Matti / yugular

• I'm at -12 hours from European time zones, so I could possibly participate in this since it's a lot easier to align my schedule for early morning games rather than for mainland USA time zones.

• @desolutionist said:

I'm at -12 hours from European time zones, so I could possibly participate in this since it's a lot easier to align my schedule for early morning games rather than for mainland USA time zones.

I'll never forget waking up at 5am to play with you and other guys during mtgo league organized by you :)
    Paradox - I am not sure if I can make it this time even it's in my time zone.

• Hi there, I've only recently started playing Vintage, but I'd be very interested in taking part.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.