[COM16] Silas Renn

• alt text

3cc, artifact, blue & human and allows you to cast artifacts from your graveyard. There's probably a place somewhere for Silas.

Thoughts?

• Interesting with thirst, or in a shell with Aurioks. However at first glance I don't think he would make the cut, even with deathtouch. Confidant costs U less, attacks for same and has non-conditional CA.

• Is this even better than Thada Adel?

• TMD Supporter

This thing is TERRIBLE. You still have to CAST the card. NOT Free.

• Great with lotus. Not good With the other 58 cards in your deck.

Would rather play Sun Titan

• @Serracollector said:

Is this even better than Thada Adel?

How is this even on the same axis as Thada Adel? This doesn't take the card from the opponent, it uses your OWN cards.

• @Zimagic said:

alt text

3cc, artifact, blue & human and allows you to cast artifacts from your graveyard. There's probably a place somewhere for Silas.

Thoughts?

Feel like his meta is long past. In a meta chocked full of shops creatures, eldrazi, white hatebears, mentor and prowess tokens a 2/2 with no evasion who's big bonus relies on combat damage to the other player just doesn't cut it.

• Slieght evasion and ability to get articacts from an area other than your deck, 3 mana, blue, 2/2, seems quite comparable. Except Thada is better IMO.

• In a world where Chalice of the void is unrestricted and Humans runs Thirst for Knowledge and Wonder, this card is playable.

In EDH, if you are looking for something U/B that has cool graveyard interaction, I will stick with Tasigur.

• I think I'd rather play Shadowmage Infiltrator over this. Evasion and drawing a card seems better than conditionally bringing back a Mox.

• TMD Supporter

@Soly said:

This thing is TERRIBLE. You still have to CAST the card. NOT Free.

It's not as good as sorrow's path.

• Print a good hare bear that makes everything Amorou Kithkin (sorry, skulk) and then we'll talk about this guy. And Thada. And Nightveil Specter. And that one Kithkin who draws cards and gains life on contact. And so n.

• @Islandswamp

At least sorrows path has upside. I mean you could have riftstone portal in the yard, or an urborg tomb in your 75.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.