Is there a blue green belcher list with paradoxical outcome?

• Just as the title says, i was wanting to know if there was a blue green belcher list that played paradoxical outcome and if so could someone post a list, and also what decks are there that play paradoxical outcome? the card is really interesting to me and i cant find any lists and the only deck i can think of that abuses it is belcher, is there any other deck that abuses the card? and if so could someone post a list please?

• @letseeker said:

Just as the title says, i was wanting to know if there was a blue green belcher list that played paradoxical outcome and if so could someone post a list, and also what decks are there that play paradoxical outcome? the card is really interesting to me and i cant find any lists and the only deck i can think of that abuses it is belcher, is there any other deck that abuses the card? and if so could someone post a list please?

I'm no expert on the deck but I believe that Paradoxical Outcome replaces Diminishing Returns in the deck since it draws tons of cards, but also doesn't give your opponent any as well as not making you exile the top ten cards.

• @msg67183 so the rest of the deck is still the same?

• @letseeker said:

@msg67183 so the rest of the deck is still the same?

I would believe so. I've never played the deck.

• can't say i've played any real matches, but I've goldfished something like that. I don't think you even want belcher in the deck. if you have 4 paradoxical outcome in there, I felt having 2-3 burning wish to get tendrils or will is just better. It didn't feel all that great though. the problem is that half of the decks in the format are casting spheres or/and null rods. I am sure you can build a deck that's awesome at beating FoW based decks. with four PO and draw 7s you just have too many targets for their few counterspells.

But if you want to beat the 50%+ of the current format that cast spheres, you need to get PO off on turn 1 a reasonable amount of time so you get a bunch of free wins on the play and punish them for not having FoW. In the test draws I took that just doesn't happen often enough. Mostly the first PO is for 3-4 cards and that's just not enough to win off.

I think the card has a great home in an artifact mana heavy mentor deck like Stephen played at EW. But PO is only very well positioned against other blue decks, which puts it in a weak spot in the current format. If things swing to a point where there's a majority of blue decks again, PO will be great. But casting 4 mana spells against a deck with spheres is just bad. You are supposed to win the games where you can reliably cast your 1-2 mana spells. Getting up to four means the game is already won against these lockdown decks.

• TMD Supporter

I have been testing PO for a few days in my Day's Undoing Belcher (Grixis) -> http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/vintage-daily-2016-10-31

Not sold on the card yet. Videos from that daily will be posted to my channel.

• I've put together a list that I'm gonna start playing this weekend, if you all are interested after this weekend i will post the deck list.

• I started Testing Danny Batterman's list with Paradoxical Outcome over Diminishing Returns and I must say, the deck is very consistent, I'm not sure if its because of Outcome but every time I casted an Outcome I won that turn.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.