2016 Vintage Championship Top 8 decklists!

• Theres no balance in that 75 either
    It just looks like outside of a turn 1 Mentor that it would fold to Rod or Thalia. I guess fragmentize has replaced swords. It worked obv, just surprised is all with Eldrazi rampant.

• @desolutionist So there's no possibility that the lack of CN2 on MTGO affected the results as many people can't test outside of the few that have play groups and those that use cockatrice? How many people even tried Leovold in testing?

I also think that Paradoxical Outcome has rejuvenated people's hope that Storm can make a real comeback. Likely a lot of people went straight into finding the best PO deck and skipped over Leovold. Maybe that view is wrong, but I saw very few Leovold decks. Jaco was on 2 card Monte with Daretti Iconoclast though.

• TMD Supporter

LANDSTILL won!!!

It's been quite a few years since the last time a Mana Drain deck won.

• This post is deleted!

• @mediumsteve Any context on this? I heard some mummers about randomization in regards to this player. Was this what you were talking about?

• This post is deleted!

• I don't know about randomization, however I witnessed via Twitch one match where he missed two Chalice of the Void triggers (his own Chalice and his own spell). In both cases a judge was called and the ruling came down in his favor. I didn't get a definitive justification but it sounds like the ruling was a correct one in both cases and he got a couple warnings. Granted Chalice of the Void is a bugger to keep track of at times and this was especially the case in the match I watched when Steady Progress was cast to proliferate the Chalice's counters. It was a bizarre situation.

• TMD Supporter

Well people on modo are going to use the time clock and people in paper are going to use sleight of hand and judging loopholes. That's the game.

• Any plans to expand beyond top 8 lists, here or elsewhere?

• @BazaarOfBaghdad said:

Any plans to expand beyond top 8 lists, here or elsewhere?

I plan on expanding to top 340 :p

Meta and top 32 will be up tonight.

• @Metman said:

I don't know about randomization, however I witnessed via Twitch one match where he missed two Chalice of the Void triggers (his own Chalice and his own spell). In both cases a judge was called and the ruling came down in his favor. I didn't get a definitive justification but it sounds like the ruling was a correct one in both cases and he got a couple warnings. Granted Chalice of the Void is a bugger to keep track of at times and this was especially the case in the match I watched when Steady Progress was cast to proliferate the Chalice's counters. It was a bizarre situation.

Sorry, but this incorrect for multiple reasons. For one, you're not even talking about the right tournament.

• Administrators

A lot of penalties were handed out at champs, but no DQs. I have high confidence in the judging staff of the event who has more information than any of us do about what happened there. Some of the things mentioned in the thread already didn't happen to the same players, or even in the same tournament - so please be careful about which sources you're listening to for information.

• Administrators

@desolutionist using the time clock on MTGO isn't cheating, it's just something that people who chose slow decks find frustrating. I think it's a bit of a stretch to equate that with sleight of hand.

• Administrators

On a more positive note - this was probably the most fun I've ever had at an eternal weekend. I really wish I could have played, but I still had a blast, met a ton of cool people, went to a lot of interesting places in Columbus, had some great food and beer, and got to see so many interesting decks and great plays.

I'm really excited to see if these results push people toward some newer non-gush blue decks ... if jacodrazi gets some new players into the format ... if the controlling stax lists are here to stay

There are about a dozen lists I saw or heard talked about that I want to put together and play in dailies immediately!

• @Brass-Man I saw that you were on camera; why did you decide not to play?

• Administrators

I had been planning on playing up until Wednesday. One of the coverage team couldn't make it at the last minute and Nick needed someone to fill in. I've been having a lot of fun with streaming and covering smaller events lately, so I thought it would be a pretty unique opportunity. I would have love to have played (and I'll probably post my list if people want to see it), but doing coverage really was super fun (a lot of work, but super fun)

• @ChubbyRain You're doing a huge favor to the community by compiling all of that data. Thank you.

• @ChubbyRain said:

@BazaarOfBaghdad said:

Any plans to expand beyond top 8 lists, here or elsewhere?

I plan on expanding to top 340 :p

Meta and top 32 will be up tonight.

Asking publicly so you only have to answer once:

• How would you prefer we get decklists to you? Public posting will get confusing. DM or Email is probably best.
    • Do you have a preferred format?
    • Would you like pictures?
    • Would you like assistance?

• @thecravenone Thanks for asking!

Simple text is best and you can send your list through chat.

• Definitely prefer sites with download options like mtgtop8.com or mtggoldfish.com. And then post a courtesy link here.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.