Pitch Dredge - Declaring Victory

Pithing Needle does a lot of work. Once I tried it I realized that there were even more applications for it than I thought. I was just thinking Wasteland/Karakas, but I've shut off a Tormod's Crypt and just used my Graveyard cards post board before.

Congrats on your finish!

@ajfirecracker 9th Place at Eternal Weekend Europe (October BOM) was a Pitch Dredge List with Amalgams. I won against him in round 5 but unfortunately we both didn't made Top 8 (me at 12th, he at 9th) 😕

@Lesbimagical said in Pitch Dredge - Declaring Victory:

Thanks so much @matori !

Some more Q's:

• Was Needle good for you?
  • How did Ashen Rider perform throughout the day?

Chancellor seems like an excellent meta call at the moment, what with Paradoxical Outcome being such a thing.

Needle is all star. During that evening I used it for Sensei's Divining Top, Griselbrad, Saheeli Rai, Wasteland, Jace...you name it, in some crazy setup you can even name Bazaar in mirror if you have Marit Lage combo ready and opponent have Leyline or he can out race you with classic build. At least it can by you one or two turns to set up win or find answer for threat.
Ashen Rider is an answer to threats that stick around, I didn't used it very often that evening but I felt more comfortable having it as an option.
Regarding PO decks, Mindbreak Trap is also thing against it, and I prefer it instead of Gitaxian Probe which I was testing last few weeks.

Thanks for the insights!

I tend to agree about Mindbreak Trap - @OriginalOestrus played Vintage last night with @thedoh and I co-piloting, and it was just bonkers. Good to hear on Needle, might give that a shot.

@ajfirecracker said in Pitch Dredge - Declaring Victory:

http://www.themanadrain.com/topic/826/a-guide-to-playing-pitch-dredge-in-vintage

Various thoughts on how to play the dern thing

It never hurts to give each article its own thread. I find it helps people find it.

@Lesbimagical said in Pitch Dredge - Declaring Victory:

Thanks for the insights!

I tend to agree about Mindbreak Trap - @OriginalOestrus played Vintage last night with @thedoh and I co-piloting, and it was just bonkers. Good to hear on Needle, might give that a shot.

Don't forget to give me a heads up next time you all are playing so I can try to watch! If I am free when it's happening I would love to support the stream.

@Islandswamp yeah I did, just pinged it here as well since it was relevant

@ajfirecracker haha sorry! My bad. I thought you had done that too, but when I saw that post I figured I was mistaken. Anyway, I've always enjoyed your writing and I'm glad you're producing and sharing quality content! Keep up the good work. 😄

@ajfirecracker good stuff!!!!

@Islandswamp will do 🙂 I think @OriginalOestrus is generally on Legacy/Modern, but she did have a really good time playing Vintage so hopefully it will happen again 🙂 We wanted to play the daily but it didn't fire 😕

Views