Mentor/GushBond hybrid

• So I ran the following deck to second place in a small 27-ppl event i Sweden a couple of days ago. I think there's some improvements to be done so any thoughts would be appreciated.

4 Gush
    3 Preordain
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Treasure Cruise
    1 Ponder
    1 Dig Through Time
    1 Brainstorm
    1 Ancestral Recall
    1 Time Walk
    1 Yawgmoth's Will
    1 Demonic Tutor
    1 Vampiric Tutor
    1 Mystical Tutor

4 Force of Will
    4 Mental Misstep
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Cabal Therapy

1 Repeal
    1 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Abrupt Decay

1 Tendrils of Agony
    3 Monastery Mentor
    1 Fastbond

1 Mana Crypt
    1 Mox Jet
    1 Mox Pearl
    1 Mox Ruby
    1 Mox Sapphire
    1 Mox Emerald
    1 Black Lotus

3 Polluted Delta
    3 Misty Rainforest
    1 Island
    1 Tropical Island
    3 Tundra
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Library of Alexandria

sb
    2 containment priest
    1 sylvan library
    2 swords to plowshares
    2 spell pierce
    1 nature's claim
    2 hurkyl
    1 tormod's crypt
    1 rest in peace
    1 pithing needle
    2 stony silence

• The deck is weak against shops, and I'm not sure the sideboard plan works out. (It turned out to be actual 0 shops in the tournament.)
    • I'd like to fit in Lotus Petal, possibly over the third Mentor. One more mana producer seems good, and it'd help a lot while going off.
    • The removal suite (Swords/Repeal/Decay) might be a bit unoptimized. Decay in particular is bad for the mana base. Maybe a maindeck copy of Hurkyl? That helps as an extra small storm engine as well.
    • Also unsure about the Therapy/Flusterstorm/Spell Pierce setup. My reasoning is that a single copy of Therapy would rarely be dead with the probes and mentors but a second copy might. Spell Pierce is mainly to help against planeswalkers because I lack Pyroblasts, but also against Oath.

• Quite similar to a list I played in one of the early P9 challenges. I would cut mystical for merchant scroll.

• I was considering that but chose Mystical for the opportunity to find Will or Tendrils while going off. I frequently side it out vs blue decks.

• TMD Supporter

I played a list like this a while ago, I played a couple of thoughtseize, hurkyl's recalls and a regrowth main and didn't have probes or any removal. The deck was pretty good and the mentors give you a much better shops MU then you would have if you were only storm.

• Didn't Steve Menendian play a Mentor Grow / Gush Tendrils list somewhere last year?

Something like his Pyromancer Grow list, but with Mentors, 2 Therapy, 2-3 Git Probe and 1 Regrowth?

• @bips at least such a list is in his Gush book. I've played quite a lot with that list and it's a very potent list but folds to shops/spheres pretty badly.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.