MTGO November 2016 Power 9 Challenge

• Will there be a metagame breakdown up sometime?

• @msg67183

No metagame breakdown, sorry.

• @desolutionist

Is this the end of breakdowns?

• I'm kind of disgusted at how inbred the meta is in the top decks and how easy it is to beat with a deck no one but me (apparently?) is playing.

• @Water0 Hmm. I'm not completely sure what you mean.

The top eight features three Workshop decks, 2 of an aggro style and one of a Prison/Grind out style.

The blue decks come in three distinct flavors- combo, delver, and gush/mentor. Even then, I'm not sure that I'd count the two gush/mentor decks the same as I tend to agree with @socialite that the two color one feels more like a slightly different control deck, but I'll keep them together because I've not tried out the Jeskai list and can't speak to it personally.

Rounding it out, we've got a dredge deck preaching the good word of zombies.

So the top 8 is home to 6 different archetypes. That seems pretty healthy to me.

• @Winterstar said in MTGO November 2016 Power 9 Challenge:

@Water0 Hmm. I'm not completely sure what you mean.

The top eight features three Workshop decks, 2 of an aggro style and one of a Prison/Grind out style.

The blue decks come in three distinct flavors- combo, delver, and gush/mentor. Even then, I'm not sure that I'd count the two gush/mentor decks the same as I tend to agree with @socialite that the two color one feels more like a slightly different control deck, but I'll keep them together because I've not tried out the Jeskai list and can't speak to it personally.

Rounding it out, we've got a dredge deck preaching the good word of zombies.

So the top 8 is home to 6 different archetypes. That seems pretty healthy to me.

Bears is good but it's also not as good as he thinks it is.

• @Winterstar I saw some workshops, dredge, and I saw paradoxical outcome when I opened the decks multiple times. I suppose Stax and regular shops aren't exactly the same, but they're similar enough to combat. All of the sideboard slots are dedicated to beating the other decks in the top 8 and felt super narrow.

@socialite Maybe I've just been running well, playing against idiots, or a combination of both; but I feel like the paradoxical outcome matchup is extremely in my favor, the mentor matchup is relatively easy, and the shops matchup is fine pre-sideboard and even better post-sideboard. Oath is also pretty easy to beat, and obviously I'm packing enough hate to beat dredge.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.