MTGO November 2016 Power 9 Challenge

• TMD Supporter

• Will there be a metagame breakdown up sometime?

• TMD Supporter

@msg67183

No metagame breakdown, sorry.

• @desolutionist

Is this the end of breakdowns?

• I'm kind of disgusted at how inbred the meta is in the top decks and how easy it is to beat with a deck no one but me (apparently?) is playing.

• @Water0 Hmm. I'm not completely sure what you mean.

The top eight features three Workshop decks, 2 of an aggro style and one of a Prison/Grind out style.

The blue decks come in three distinct flavors- combo, delver, and gush/mentor. Even then, I'm not sure that I'd count the two gush/mentor decks the same as I tend to agree with @socialite that the two color one feels more like a slightly different control deck, but I'll keep them together because I've not tried out the Jeskai list and can't speak to it personally.

Rounding it out, we've got a dredge deck preaching the good word of zombies.

So the top 8 is home to 6 different archetypes. That seems pretty healthy to me.

• @Winterstar said in MTGO November 2016 Power 9 Challenge:

@Water0 Hmm. I'm not completely sure what you mean.

The top eight features three Workshop decks, 2 of an aggro style and one of a Prison/Grind out style.

The blue decks come in three distinct flavors- combo, delver, and gush/mentor. Even then, I'm not sure that I'd count the two gush/mentor decks the same as I tend to agree with @socialite that the two color one feels more like a slightly different control deck, but I'll keep them together because I've not tried out the Jeskai list and can't speak to it personally.

Rounding it out, we've got a dredge deck preaching the good word of zombies.

So the top 8 is home to 6 different archetypes. That seems pretty healthy to me.

Bears is good but it's also not as good as he thinks it is.

• @Winterstar I saw some workshops, dredge, and I saw paradoxical outcome when I opened the decks multiple times. I suppose Stax and regular shops aren't exactly the same, but they're similar enough to combat. All of the sideboard slots are dedicated to beating the other decks in the top 8 and felt super narrow.

@socialite Maybe I've just been running well, playing against idiots, or a combination of both; but I feel like the paradoxical outcome matchup is extremely in my favor, the mentor matchup is relatively easy, and the shops matchup is fine pre-sideboard and even better post-sideboard. Oath is also pretty easy to beat, and obviously I'm packing enough hate to beat dredge.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.