[AER] Heart of Kiran

• This and the Skysoverign along with Foundry Inspector seem really close to making "Spaceships" seem viable. Also seems great in a PW control build.

• @msg67183 More like a four-mana Serra Angel.

• I don't like this card. I don't like how dack fayden can pilot it. I don't really care about moat or delver. Crew 3 is very high.

I like skysovereign a lot more

• TMD Supporter

@gkraigher oh that's just a kick in the sack eh? Steal your turd with my Dack, smack you with it. I think that this card is very good (for me to steal with a Dack Fayden).

In all seriousness, I think it's a really interesting card. I don't ever see it being good enough to play though. The other vehicles all either have effects as soon as you play them (Skysoveriegn, Fleetwheel), or have a LOW crew cost (Smuggler's Copter). This is not where you want to be in Shops.

• Regardless of this particular card being good, I'm super excited for the new design space they just opened up: Planeswalker Loyalty as a resource. Seems like something that could even make Tibalt desirable, depending on how they use this resource....

As is, consider this in a deck with Jace. Jace flips, maybe he pluses, then he flies over and punches someone in the head...?

• Cool design.

This is definitely not the 2-mana vehicle I am motivated to break in Vintage though.

Vigilance seems like a red herring. Two loyalty to keep it alive for your turn and the opponent's?

Regular crew cost is absurdly bad. Delver is almost as powerful on its own for half the mana (which is like infinite mana sometimes) and less strings attached.

Still. What a cool design.

• @ribby

Vigilance is a red harring because you need a ton of creatures to crew it twice.

• I think it should be pretty obvious if you are crewing this with creatures, you are doing it wrong.

• @ribby Agree with this not being played in Vintage. I think you are underestimating the effect of Vigilance though - you will rarely have to remove a counter on your opponent's turn as they are unlikely to attack into an untapped Heart of Kiran.

• @ChubbyRain Well, I think of it like Forcefield for planeswalkers. They can still swing into it if they like, but they're only doing 1 damage. And losing the creature unless it has 5 toughness, a course.

Anyway, I'm looking ahead to when they print cards that turn planeswalker loyalty counters into other things, like cards or mana. You could easily see stuff like that; kind of like equipment for walkers that give them new abilities. We'll get there eventually, mark my words, and when we do, the cheap walkers may have sudden new life. Even -- gasp -- Tibalt gets a second look if there's a good way to use his loyalty counters other than the garbage printed on the card.

• @MaximumCDawg said in [AER] Heart of Kiran:

@ChubbyRain Well, I think of it like Forcefield for planeswalkers. They can still swing into it if they like, but they're only doing 1 damage. And losing the creature unless it has 5 toughness, a course.

Anyway, I'm looking ahead to when they print cards that turn planeswalker loyalty counters into other things, like cards or mana. You could easily see stuff like that; kind of like equipment for walkers that give them new abilities. We'll get there eventually, mark my words, and when we do, the cheap walkers may have sudden new life. Even -- gasp -- Tibalt gets a second look if there's a good way to use his loyalty counters other than the garbage printed on the card.

Do we always have to make comparisons to other cards? Can't we just say "You can make a 4/4 blocker if you opponent attacks, making it difficult for them to attack profitably?" Speaking of difficulty, I have a difficult enough time evaluating the cards WotC prints, let alone the cards they may print...However, the barrier for playing a do-nothing card like Tibalt seeing play is really high...it has to be part of a game-ending combo like Dark Depths or Saheeli Rai. And if you are speculating on cheap Walkers that generate loyalty, my money is on Ashiok...

• @ChubbyRain that's a really good point. Need to think about this again...

• @ribby said in [AER] Heart of Kiran:

@ChubbyRain that's a really good point. Need to think about this again...

For Vintage, I don't think there is much to think about. The card looks defensive but it's still a 4/4 with evasion and best in aggressive decks that also run walkers. Those presently only really exist in Standard where this card pairs incredibly with Chandra, Torch of Defiance and/or Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, in addition to several 3 powered creatures like Toolcraft Exemplar, Scrapheap Scrounger, Thalia, and Veteran Motorist. It has competition from Smuggler's Copter and is Legendary so it will probably only be a 2-3 of in those decks. Still, it's a very powerful card but not all "good" cards will see Vintage play and not all Vintage cards are "good". I'm really not sure why this and several other threads were created for marginal spoiler cards but whatever...

• TMD Supporter

Please don't start threads for cards that aren't good enough for Vintage

• @desolutionist said in [AER] Heart of Kiran:

Please don't start threads for cards that aren't good enough for Vintage

Can we please stop these comments. Once is an amusing nod to the issue that was raised. Posted in every single thread is turning into spam.

• @desolutionist People post actually bad cards on here, and you post in this thread? Get over yourself.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.