[AER] Tezzeret, Master of Metal

• TMD Supporter

This post is deleted!

• This is from the planeswalker deck. It's designed to be bad. In every format.

• As @wappla said, this card is designed to be bad. Its not playable at all, this card does not deserve a thread.

• @Aelien But does it deserve a thread about how it doesn't deserve a thread?...

That is the question.

• TMD Supporter

Well what if this was the finisher in a Paradoxical Storm type deck that could also function as a planeswalker card advantage engine. I imagine that, with Paradoxical Outcome, you could return it to your hand and activate its ability more than once in a turn if needed.

The other tezzeret agent of bolas cannot use its loss of life ability the turn it comes into play

• @desolutionist Yeah, but the only reason for this working as a win condition is that pretty much every win condition will work after you draw and cast your whole deck. It would work, others work way better.

• Administrators

Please consider not making threads for cards you can't see used effectively in a vintage deck - particularly not in the Vintage Strategy subforum.

• Speaking as someone who recently made a thread about a six-mana planeswalker, I agree that we should not have made a thread about this six mana planeswalker.

In all seriousness, it's interesting that WotC is so comfortable with Walkers now that they're giving them the Bad Card treatment. Recall how MARO and others will defend the need for bad cards? How they round out limited and help differentiate players by skill level? Until now, they've been really reluctant to intentionally design walkers to be bad. They've made a few (Tibalt) but they were not intentionally making weak cards. Now, they are. These intro deck planeswalkers are specifically designed to suck, and they do.

• @MaximumCDawg Makes me wonder why anyone would buy a product that is headlined with an intentionally bad card ...

• TMD Supporter

Don't know if anyone said it yet, but you probably shouldn't have made a thread for this card. Because it may not be good enough.

We should seriously consider taking action and do something about this.

All preview cards must be approved by a council before posting.

• Administrators

@desolutionist

I don't necessarily have an issue with people posting about cards I don't personally think are good - we all evaluate things differently (though there is likely a line crossed if people start posting vanilla draft filler)

The reason I responded this way to this thread and not others is that in your original post, you yourself said you didn't think the card was good. If people made threads about every card they didn't think was good in vintage, the site would be unreadable. Without even an attempt at "the card is good or bad for X reasons", the post is basically spam.

• @desolutionist said in [AER] Tezzeret, Master of Metal:

Don't know if anyone said it yet, but you probably shouldn't have made a thread for this card. Because it may not be good enough.

I was trying to be funny by relishing in my hypocrisy, not pick on you. I'm sorry if I made you cranky, that was not my intention.

And, actually, I like threads for new cards. Good or bad, they give us something to talk about.

@themonadnomad said in [AER] Tezzeret, Master of Metal:

@MaximumCDawg Makes me wonder why anyone would buy a product that is headlined with an intentionally bad card ...

I think the official stance on the matter is that they make these products for n00bs who don't know any better. Like, seriously. Bad cards keep good players away and lower demand so the masses can get it for MSRP.

Alternatively, you could argue they are serving the trash rare cube market, which is totally legit and reminds me that I need to make a trash rare cube.

• TMD Supporter

I honestly didn't think it was a big deal. It's a blue planeswalker; in which every single blue walker before it has been talked about during spoilers and it was never an issue before. I mean plenty of people have said that "this walker is unplayable in Vintage", which is fine. I think we as a group have overlooked a lot of cards in the past such as Jace VP and Thought-Knot Seer as well as overrate cards such as Curious Homunculus and Sanctum Prelate. So a blue planeswalker named tezzeret, that has to do with artifacts seemed vintage relevant to me. Maybe everyone can tell just by looking at it, that it's terrible, but I'd be willing to bet that those same people said Dromoka was terrible.

I saw that a new tezzeret was spoiled, got excited, and shared it on here to allow the community to weigh in on pros and cons. I thought that's what we were doing here. I thought that was the purpose of this website. I'm sorry I lost my cool a little bit, but the idea that this post might be spam never occurred to me.

Is there another card that can, in one turn without outside assistance, deal damage = number of artifacts? I don't think there is. This counts Myr tokens and Clue tokens as well; I think there is potential.

• On average a drain life at 6 mana is gonna do more damage than this guy. Hey at least it pitches to FOW. Heh

• @desolutionist

Is there another card that can, in one turn without outside assistance, deal damage = number of artifacts? I don't think there is. This counts Myr tokens and Clue tokens as well; I think there is potential.

Well, yeah, there is:

alt text

• @MaximumCDawg but come on... I mean, that's no Tezzeret, Master of Metal. Amiright guys?

• TMD Supporter

The name is really cool though. I wanted this to be good so badly.

• Administrators

@Islandswamp agree 100% ... if Tezzeret, the Seeker was called this, we'd all still be playing Time Vaults

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.