2nd Place @ TOGIT on Stoneblade

• So on 3/26, 20 players came to battle at TOGIT in NJ for a 1k event! I settled on a sweet stoneblade brew that I've been teating! Here's the list...

Stoneblade

1 Monastery Mentor
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Vendillion Clique
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Batterskull
    1 Umezawa’s Jitte

2 Dack Fayden
    2 Jace the Mind Sculptor

1 Sudden Shock
    3 Swords to Plowshares

1 Ancestral Recall
    1 Time Walk
    1 Treasure Cruise
    1 Dig Through Time
    1 Ponder
    1 Brainstorm
    1 Senseis Divining Top

4 Force of Will
    4 Mental Misstep
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Mana Drain

1 Black Lotus
    1 Mox Sapphire
    1 Mox Pearl
    1 Mox Ruby
    1 Mox Emerald
    1 Mox Jet
    1 Library of Alexandria
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Scalding Tarn
    1 Arid Mesa
    2 Island
    1 Plains
    1 Plateau
    3 Tundra
    2 Volcanic Island

SIDEBOARD
    4 Grafdiggers Cage
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Ingot Chewer
    2 Disenchant
    1 Steel Sabotage
    1 Sudden Shock
    1 Izzet Staticaster
    1 Supreme Verdict
    1 Engineered Explosives

So I squeaked into 8th seed in the top 8...

T8 vs Dave Kaplan on UW Delver Mentor. Game 1 I have an active Library for most of the game and bury him in card advantage.
    Game 2 I have Swords for his turn 1 delver as well as Jace fueled by Lotus and Mox. Again he is buried in card advantage.

T4 vs Branson Dempsey on Dark Depths shops
    Game 1 is a back and forth battle but he gets smokestack going and eventually the 20/20 arrives and wrecks me.
    Game 2 we are in mid game at a weird standstill. I have dack at 2 (stole map and then ramped him) Stoneforge and a Batterskull with no token in play. At the end my turn Brandon makes a 20/20 with the stage depths combo. He also has Crucible in play. I use surgical extraction to remove his dark depths from his deck, then use Snapcaster Mage to flashback Swords to Plowshares and kill the 20/20. I ride that game to victory.
    Game 3 I mulligan to 6 including Chewer, Walk, 3 lands, and Pearl. I scry into Lotus and keep it there as maybe I'll get to hard cast Chewer or ramp onto something thereafter. Branson has a slow hand of double Sphere and Crucible but nothing else to compliment Crucible. I grind out a win in convincing fashion.

Finals vs Hank on BK Mentor
    Game 1 I keep a hand of, Emerald, Top, Misstep, Recall, 2 FOW, Ponder. I don't draw a land for turn but I have t1 top and then upkeep top for a land the following turn. I don't hit land following turn. When I hit my land on turn 3, Hank had gotten so far ahead with his hand so it wasn't much of a battle. Clique gets an honorable mention getting hank down to 3 life...
    Game 2 I am forced to keep a 1 lander. It has 2 Stoneforge Mystic, Force of Will, Mana Drain, Mental Misstep, Tarn, Flusterstorm. Hank again has a really strong hand involving Recall with multiple counters. I don't hit a 2nd land until turn 3 again. He ends up casting a sylvan library and I have Drain and Force for it. But Hank has 2x fow and 2 blue cards. It turned out his hand had another Force and Flusterstorm in it still. I was over matched vs some powerful magic hands and sometimes that happens. Congrats Hank.

Conclusion. Fun event, great store, great friends, I love the deck, and I banked 200 and put that towards and English Moat I've been wanting to get! Thanks to Joey Manner and TOGIT ;-)

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.