Vintage Online Player Appreciation 2016

• More vintage players than ever ended up on the internet this year for the rest of us to watch, learn from, ridicule or just pass the time watching. Who was your favorite Vintage player to watch play this year? (Just pick whoever you enjoyed the most, and lets try to stay positive and give a little year end-thanks to all those folks who produced the content we enjoyed, and who put themselves out there for the rest of us.)

The max number of players I could poll for was 10, so if I left off your favorite please feel free to give them a shout out in the thread. (I also set the number of votes you each get at 4... because 4 copies of everything, duh... Why should voting be restricted people?... #restrictlessnotmore)

• If there's any justice in the world Rich will win in a landslide

• @ajfirecracker This isn't drollest streamer of 2016... You know that right? (I'm kidding, and you are totally right. He's great.)

• I voted my four, but shoutouts to all on the list. We have the best format and the best community, and those who stream are a very visible and vibrant part of that.

• I have to confess that when I'm dinning alone at home, I play last Rich's twitch videos. I enjoy any mtg video, specially vintage, but I like Rich's thoughts and pace. Besides, I'm not really used to English but he is quite easy to understand.

• Administrators

Man, this poll makes me want to raise the limit past 10 :D, Everyone on here has been an asset to the community, but I want to shout out @infant_no_1 for generally making vintage look fun, and hammybone / others for all of their work on the TMD Vintage League!

Also really love to see the Team Tusk and Team Serious tournament streams (yes, even when I'm not on them)

I know I'm forgetting some other people and I'm sorry!

2016 was the breakout year for live vintage video content on the web ... I'm happy to be a part of it, but I'm also really looking forward to see other people take it further in 2017 :D

• So I got a message from yugular to the effect that he might not deserve to be on the list, which is we all know is total bunkum. He completely does and I love his vids. He also pointed out that I misspelled his name. I am such an idiot. Sorry about that Matti. Keep up the good vids man.

• @Topical_Island Recently found @yugular 's vids myself and they are great. So he deserves to be in the poll for sure : )

• @Brass-Man Awww, you're making me blush.

• @stsung is my fave, but isn't on the poll :(

• I haven't watched many of those on the list, but my top 3 would have to be LSV, Brian Kelly and Rich Shay in that order.

LSV and Brian Kelly are both incredibly good, and LSV is a very good commentator and very funny as well. Brian Kelly comes up with a lot of interesting and unorthodox decks. Rich Shay is also pretty decent, but not on the same level as LSV and Brian Kelly, and he streams a lot so he gets third place.

• @Lesbimagical Yeah, it was tough when I realized the limit was 10. I changed who on the list about 6 times. Steve Menendian is another one for me. I get that he's an acquired taste for some, but I've been a fan of his for a long time, and his near psychotic commitment to an analytical approach.

• @Brass-Man said in Vintage Online Player Appreciation 2016:

Man, this poll makes me want to raise the limit past 10 :D, Everyone on here has been an asset to the community, but I want to shout out @infant_no_1 for generally making vintage look fun,

It took me awhile, but now I would rather watch Josh stream than those others on the list.

• @spook I'm not sure how to take that. ;)

I know that not everyone finds my stream enjoyable, but for those that stick it out, sometimes I'm amusing.

• @infant_no_1 Hey. I'm sorry for you not being on this list... blah blah blah. Hell, you see me watching your stream all the time. You're awesome man. Thanks for what you do. Keep it up.

• @Topical_Island No worries man, I am going to assume it was all because of the 10 item limit on the poll. :)

• @infant_no_1 yeah and I just kinda forgot. I just filled it out with VSL personalities. Oh well, its really just to say thanks for all the sweet content you just make, and so... thanks.

• I would have included Eric Froehlich had he been on the list. Time and time again in the VSL he put on a clinic with his deckbuilding and play skill, coming up with really neat lines. As a commentator, I liked him as a top 3 commentator. I liked his relaxed, dry approach, while I felt he went out of his way to be insightful for the viewers, and his analysis was of the highest quality. I'm not a big fan of his by any stretch, but I feel his omission here is criminal.

• @BazaarOfBaghdad said in Vintage Online Player Appreciation 2016:

I would have included Eric Froehlich had he been on the list. Time and time again in the VSL he put on a clinic with his deckbuilding and play skill, coming up with really neat lines. As a commentator, I liked him as a top 3 commentator. I liked his relaxed, dry approach, while I felt he went out of his way to be insightful for the viewers, and his analysis was of the highest quality. I'm not a big fan of his by any stretch, but I feel his omission here is criminal.

I disagree strongly, but don't wish to rag on Eric. Suffice it to say I did not find him outstanding in those areas.

• @ajfirecracker Eric is something like +12 in the regular seasons over the five seasons with 2 titles, and a runner-up. I voted for Rich Shay also, but Rich is only +3 without ever advancing a round in the playoffs. Other established players: Menendian is -12 (but importantly 1 title), Ochoa is +2, Pikula +1, Kelly -1, Randy +1 (with 1 title). Only LSV at +6 and a title and Shuhei at +5 (but one season only) are close to halfway record-wise. Maybe you think this was luck, maybe your comments addressed commentary only (but you referenced "areas"), but the facts wildly suggest otherwise regarding skill.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.