Top 4 at GP Chiba Vintage Side Event - Better Lucky Than Good

• Hey guys, this is my first post here, but I've been lurking for a while. I made top 4 in the 72-man Vintage side event in GP Chiba with Oath, and I posted a tourney report on my friend's blog - I thought some people here might be interested in reading it.

http://innomtg.blogspot.com/2016/12/gp-chiba-side-event-top-4-in-asia.html

• Hey. Welcome to the Mana Drain. Great report. I love the game against Mono-Red, that sounds pretty brutal. Glad to have you around.

• Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

• Thanks for the report! I had a blast playing in Japan despite going 3-3. Met some cool folks from around the world.

• TMD Supporter

Good job man. I'm a little surprised nobody knew you were on Oath by the top eight, but I agree you're much better off if your opponent doesn't know you're going to slam a Griselbrand down their throat.

Your deck seems very close to the one that made top eight in the Euro Champs, save just one Show and Tell instead of two. I liked Yves build and took a lot of inspiration from it in my own decks.

• @nedleeds whoa, I didn't know you were there! The whole GP was great, actually. The food carts weren't that bad too. I had more gyudon over those three days than I've had in the past two years. Prizes could have been better I guess. The GP Hong Kong Vintage side event last year had a sick prize pool. Guaranteed foil Origins PW uncut sheet for the winner, and Legends packs for top 8. And there were only 11 players!

@Islandswamp Thanks! Yeah I mentioned it in the report. I ran 74 out of his 75 cards, and I would have played 75 if I had a second Show and Tell. The Library definitely did some work, though.

I think the Delver guy might have already known I was on Oath, but I tried to bluff anyway in case he didn't. The Mentor guy (the eventual winner btw) definitely knew.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.