Some kind of explosive deck wanted.

• I'd like to make another deck I can play with friends casually. Using only cards I own (no power) I have sleeved up Eldrazi and a B/G null rod oath list. What I'd really like is something like belcher.
    I was looking at that terrible "Oops all spells deck" in legacy that was tried in vintage and didn't work. I wasn't sure if that might be a be a route to take.
    Hermit druid has crossed my mind but I'm worried about the large amounts of removal that show up at this kitchen table.
    Any input would be great as I'm really wracking my mind here.
    I have also already tried a vintage reanimator and its terrible.

Any ways I know this is a tall order so any input/help would be great!

• Hello, could you provide a list of stuff you have, so we can know what to go by?

• I have a budget for this deck of $1200. I have duals fetches, good common/uncommons (tutors, tinker, will etc) I have most of dredge(no bazaars), One thing I don't have is a play set of FoWs I just sold them about 3 months ago. I basically have everything but power.

• I know @Stormanimagus made a Cavern Humans deck that transformed into Hermit Druid Combo, Return Angel to bring back all your Humans, including an Odric to give your team Flying, Haste, and more.

• It sounds like Hatebears or Fish... is where you want to be in terms of your budget. But if you just want a goofy, casual deck that wins out of nowhere, at least look into Infect, those can be kinda gross out of nowhere, though I don't think they're really that good. (I also love me some Oath... but that usually requires power, or proxies)

• Blazing Infect is a deck that can really win out of nowhere. It also has some Greater Gargadon as "Oath Hate" and Progenitus as anti Show and Tell Tech. The deck can win Turn Two which means it races the fastest decks in the format, Dredge etc. Blazing Infect also only requires you to cast one Pump Spell instead of multiples, making it better against Shops and the like as well.

• TMD Supporter

You can try Joaquin Fernández Reanimator deck from LCV without Power (Except petal):

http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=18705&iddeck=141837

Despite being almost all Legacy cards (Except for Tutors and MM) deck is really powerful and fun :)

• Would Survival meet your criteria? Down side is that it is graveyard based and slower, but it can run some diverse combos like necrotic ooze and win explosively or through combat.

• Doomsday might be what you want, it doesn't run much power so an unpowered version would be very close to the original version, while it isn't really explosive it's the only combo deck I can think of that doesn't run much power

Edit: also oath could be an option

• @letseeker said in Some kind of explosive deck wanted.:

Doomsday might be what you want, it doesn't run much power so an unpowered version would be very close to the original version, while it isn't really explosive it's the only combo deck I can think of that doesn't run much power

Edit: also oath could be an option

How would Unpowered Doomsday even work? I was under the impression that Doomsday NEEDS Lotus and Ancestral Recall.

• Administrators

@msg67183

How would Unpowered Doomsday even work? I was under the impression that Doomsday NEEDS Lotus and Ancestral Recall.

There are Tendrils of Agony and LabMan/Unearth style builds that win without power (check out Legacy primers for inspiration, though some piles use multiple Lion's Eye Diamonds).

It's still hard to recommend a powerless build of the deck though, there's a lot less material out there to learn with, and your options to win out of tricky situations are greatly reduced

On the other hand, Doomsday gets a ton more from the first 5 proxies than a deck like Dark Petition Storm or Paradoxical Outcome. I can't tell from the original post what the poster's needs/requirements are.

• If he wants cheap and explosive, then why not just play Elves? In Vintage, you get Skullclamp to make it even more stupid. And Chalice is now restricted, so you can't be shut out on turn 1!

• @msg67183

If you wanted to be a little less aggressive with your ability to combo and just play a controlling game with a combo finish, I think gush, LED, lotus petal, and probe are enough free spells/mana to get there, but that definitely doesn't sound like the direction the OP wants to go.

• On the other hand, Doomsday gets a ton more from the first 5 proxies than a deck like Dark Petition Storm or Paradoxical Outcome. I can't tell from the original post what the poster's needs/requirements are.

Basically, I want something i can build for about 1k,, I have most playables that sell for under $300. I have no power, no seal, no time vault, no bazaars.

I like PeAcH's reanimator idea. But I'd like to try it with wheel effects. Any one have any other ideas before I go off and work on a list?

• Without power, Wheel effects are very bad since the opponent would be getting all the advantage from it.

If you want to play competitive Vintage without power, your options are Dredge or Eldrazi. Nothing else is even close to viable that can also be considered explosive. Sorry.

If you want a bad but explosive deck to play Vintage with, I'd recommend one of the Legacy combo decks.

• @MaximumCDawg said in Some kind of explosive deck wanted.:

If he wants cheap and explosive, then why not just play Elves? In Vintage, you get Skullclamp to make it even more stupid. And Chalice is now restricted, so you can't be shut out on turn 1!

If people know me, they know I love me some little green men. If the OP has any interest in Vintage Elves, PM me, I'll share my thoughts and ideas on the deck.

• I think elves, reanimator, blazing infect seem like the best ideas for cheap combo. I just want to make sure you know about Jaco-Drazi though, and that we are ruling it out because it isn't the combo style you want... right? Because clearly this is the best powerless deck going right now...

• If you want an explosive deck, I'd suggest an artifact build...with 4x ratchet bombs and 4x engineered explosives. Ba dum tis!

• There's only one explosive, unpowered, competitive deck

• @Topical_Island said in Some kind of explosive deck wanted.:

I think elves, reanimator, blazing infect seem like the best ideas for cheap combo. I just want to make sure you know about Jaco-Drazi though, and that we are ruling it out because it isn't the combo style you want... right? Because clearly this is the best powerless deck going right now...

I already I have it

• Eldrazi (as others have mentioned) is likely the most explosive deck you can build cheaply. It's just not explosive in a "combo-y" way...more in a disruptive, deal with these fat-ass creatures or die quickly kinda way ...

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.