[AER] Gonti's Aether Heart

• alt text

Gonti's Aether Heart
    Legendary Artifact
    Whenever Gonti's Aether Heart or another artifact enters the battlefield under your control, you get EE (two energy counters).
    Pay EEEEEEEE, Exile Gonti's Aether Heart: Take an extra turn after this one.

I don't think this is a MUD card because it needs another 3 artifacts AFTER it hits play, so it really wouldn't work. Unless there's a MUD Energy deck to be made, with Aetherworks Marvel (I doubt it).
    But would Paradoxical Outcome be glad with extra turns? I bet this is easy enough to trigger with an Outcome, but so is anything else I guess. I think this is better than Paradox Engine in that kind of deck though.

• It doesn't need other artifacts to hit play after this one because it only requires energy for activation. You theoretically don't have to play any artifacts in addition to this.

• Time Walk costs 2 and no energy. Time Warp, Capture the Jitsou, etc only cost 5. This costs 6 and 8 energy and is stopped by null rod. This is a joke thread right?

• @desolutionist I know, I know, but I don't think there's any energy card that's played right now in Vintage, so I'd ignore energy when evaluating the card and consider those just like a "Extra turn counter" on Aether Heart itself. Sure, if Dynavolt Tower or Aetherworks Marvel or Deadlock Trap or Glimmer of Genius see play, then I'll change my way of thinking about the card. :)

• @Serracollector This doesn't get countered by Flusterstorm, which might be relevant.

• I'd rather have Phyrexian Hulk.

• @Serracollector It can also be fished out with Tinker or Forgemaster, requires no colorless mana, is not on the restricted list, cannot be spell snared, etc.

Comparing most cards to timewalk does not make for an apt comparison, this one certainly does not.

• TMD Supporter

Please consider making a thread for the new black removal spell and deleting this one. There's no way in holy hell that this card is playable. The one scenario mentioned with paradoxical outcome is a scenario where you'd ACTUALLY WIN if you played tendrils or mentor instead.of taking an extra turn or two. If you're into extra turn combos word is there's a card from alpha for that...

• TMD Supporter

@nedleeds said in [AER] Gonti's Aether Heart:

I'd rather have Phyrexian Hulk.

I'd rather get kicked in the nuts than play this card. Lolz.

• TMD Supporter

Usually I don't post snarky comments in threads like this, but this card just really, really seems bad to me. I mean, yeah, it'll possibly do something in standard or modern , but it's just not where you want to be.
    Time Vault is better, easier, and not nearly as prevalent as it once was.

If you're playing Mentor or Pyromancer a time walk effect is amazing. However it's much more efficient to go Walk, snap/JVP/YWill, replay Walk, win, than do anything with this monstrosity.

• @Serracollector The question isn't if this is a joke thread... there's only the question of who can tell it is a joke thread.

• Thought there was fringe potential until I saw it RFG'd on activation.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.