[AER] Renegade Rallier

• alt text

Human with a trivial activation cost that brings back other things from your discard pile for free seems very good to some existing decks. I almost feel like there may be a salvagers style loop here with him and lotus and something else, but as a value creature this may be good enough.

The only challenge I see here is that he does not work under Rest in peace and can only bring back some things under grafdiggers, which are big players in humans lists. Could be a sideboard option though if your humans match ups faces matchs ups where those are dead cards, like the mirror.

• @Protoaddct

I don't see how this card is better than eternal witness.

Scratch that, it puts the permanent on the battlefield. So there is that

• Yea putting it directly onto the battlefield seems like a pretty substantial difference to me.

• This with a Lotus Opener into it and Thalia or Thorn seems ok. Other tha a Lotus opener not sure if its better than other dudes u could play.

• @gkraigher

Not double G is highly relevant as well for decks playing more than 2 colors.

• Wasteland, play this dude, wasteland again.

• Its not that much worse of a DR target for dredge than Sun Titan and its actually easily castable game 2/3. Being a human also means it can come back with Angel of Glory's Rise. And being 3 CMC even means a Sun Titan can return it! It returns most relevant things for dredge like Bazaar and Serenity.

However, I dont think the trigger it requires is completely trivial late game. That is the biggest barrier to it.

• I love me some Revolt!

@spook said in [AER] Renegade Rallier:

Wasteland, play this dude, wasteland again.

I think this wins for being the best use for Renegadae...

...except that he costs 1WG. That means, to do this trick, you're deploying him on turn 3 - 4. That's too late to have an impact on the early game, though he does really screw them down in the midgame.

• TMD Supporter

This is some nutty value, but I'm not sure it's good enough. It's tough. First thought was it gets back the fetch you used at minimum, but them I realized you could do some hijinks with black lotus.

• Is there a way to combo with this? A 2cc or less permanent that has: "Sacrifice this: Blink a creature" would do the trick, but I can't find anything like that.

EDIT: Voyager Staff is too slow and costs mana to activate, but something like that, but free to activate, is what I'm thinking of.

• @MaximumCDawg Just play Eriksdotter and Retainers if you want the infinite entering/leaving creatures.

• Does this go well in the gw humans deck to rebuy pridemage or Thalia?

• This guy brings back standstill. I find that interesting.

• I want it so badly to be able to get back other copies of Rallier and chain the effect...

• @MaximumCDawg said in [AER] Renegade Rallier:

I love me some Revolt!

@spook said in [AER] Renegade Rallier:

Wasteland, play this dude, wasteland again.

I think this wins for being the best use for Renegadae...

...except that he costs 1WG. That means, to do this trick, you're deploying him on turn 3 - 4. That's too late to have an impact on the early game, though he does really screw them down in the midgame.

Noble Fish shell? Turn one noble, turn two waste+pridemage, turn three fetch, play this dude and return waste land.

Still slow, but versatility with being able to return pridemage or the land. This is the perfect kind of care to trap me into playing a bad deck, like blinking this with restoration angel. So bad but so good.

• He is interesting but later in the game he'll be alot less reliable. But the ceiling of Cavern Hierarch, Strip Mine + Thalia, Fetchland this Guy Strip Mine you again is sweet.

• TMD Supporter

@nedleeds said in [AER] Renegade Rallier:

He is interesting but later in the game he'll be alot less reliable. But the ceiling of Cavern Hierarch, Strip Mine + Thalia, Fetchland this Guy Strip Mine you again is sweet.

This is why it seems like a good one-of to me.

• He's a sweet GSZ one of ... plays well with Knight of the Reliquary who is also a human and bins lands on demand.

• Does this trigger itself off displacer? I feel like it does

• this card works extremly well with another new card: Hope of Ghirapur

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.