GP Louisville weekend with Paradoxical Outcome

• Had the opportunity to play in both Saturday events and the early Sunday event in Louisville. Between the 12 rounds I managed a 9-2-1(ID) record (played the draw match for fun and won 2-0). Played against:

White Eldrazi
    UW Landstill
    Stax
    Oath
    Dredge
    Esper Mentor
    B/W Hatebear
    Outcome Mentor
    High Tide
    Car Shops
    2 decks I can't remember

The losses were to the Stax list where I tinkered away my Seat of the Synod for Jar turning off my Mox Opal. I had enough mana in hand to play Vault/Key that came along with it through a sphere, but needed the Opal to be turned on.

The other loss came to the Outcome Mentor that went back and forth but, I was always a Force short of winning or stopping him from winning.

Here's the list I played.

Black Lotus
    Mana Vault
    Mana Crypt
    Lotus Petal
    Mox Emerald
    Mox Jet
    Mox Ruby
    Mox Sapphire
    Mox Pearl
    Sol Ring
    Grim Monolith
    Voltaic Key
    4 Mox Opal
    Chrome Mox
    Sensei's Divining Top

Time Vault
    Aether Reservoir
    Tezzeret, the Seeker

Merchant Scroll
    Tinker
    Transmute Artifact

4 Paradoxical Outcome
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Thoughtcast
    Ponder
    Ancestral Recall
    Time Walk
    Mind's Desire
    Windfall
    Timetwister
    Memory Jar

2 Repeal
    4 Force of Will
    Chain of Vapor
    Hurkyl's Recall

Tolarian Academy
    3 Seat of the Synod
    3 Island
    3 Ancient Tomb

4 Grafdigger's Cage
    3 Defense Grid
    2 Hurkyl's Recall
    1 Chain of Vapor
    1 Rebuild
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Blightsteel Colossus

• @myk Thank you for the report.

The most unusual card in the list is the Aether Reservoir. Could you perhaps elaborate on the reasoning for it's inclusion and how it played throughout the game.

Also, the Paradoxical Mentor player wasn't by any chance JD Nir?

• The thought behind reservoir is with increasing amounts of decks that are pressing the board this would buy me time and also serve as a win condition over the course of a game whereas something like tendrils typically has a small window for you to play it in to actually win. It also serves as a win condition that can't be Flusterstormed like tendrils. I was able to win 4 of 5 games with it in play throughout the weekend, but typically the wins were via vault/key and if the opponent asked for the win condition i would just show the tezzeret.

Yes, jd nir was my outcome mentor opponent. While i stated that the games came down to whoever had countermagic to hit the big spells his Top was putting in overtime allowing him to find his countermagic in crucial spots. But like i stated in original post, they were back and forth, pretty intense and well played games.

The sideboard is something that I want to toy with more, perhaps getting something like Propaganda in there to slow a creature rush and buy me more time.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.