6/24/17 - Long Island, New York - NYSE Open V - Power Eight, Workshops & Drains Tournament!

Really disappointed I had to miss this, but looking forward to seeing some coverage!

is there a link for the coverage?

For those not aware, the Finals is Stephen @Smmenen Menendian on Jeskai Mentor vs. Ryan Glackin on Workshops.

Top8/16 decklist soon :,) ?

@kravkenov I do hope we get them but we don't really need the top 8. 4 shop decks. Some will have tangle wire some won't. 3 Jeskai Mentor. One paradoxical outcome with I think 3 or 4 mentors. You can look at any of the past events on mtgo and see the exact same decks. We are in a 2.5 deck format. The only real question marks are tangle wires or not and by force vs ingot chewer.

I played, cards for card, the exact same deck I played in the vintage challenge last weekend to a second place finish.

And yes I own a full set of beta/alpha power and a full set of fetch lands. :).

I took 20th on punishing oath with an unintentional draw that I think kept me out of t16. Shops didn't feel particularly difficult, I lost rd1 to shops but it was my own deck that beat me ;). Did not play storm at all, and beat mentor every time I played it. So, we were close to breaking out of 2.5 decks gents.

@march said in 6/24/17 - Long Island, New York - NYSE Open V - Power Eight, Workshops & Drains Tournament!:

So, we were close to breaking out of 2.5 decks gents.

No we're not. I beat k_f_Chicken in the swiss of the MTGO P9C, losing to him in the Top 8 because for some fucking reason even as first seed the system does a die-roll to determine play/draw. My analysis? The deck is designed solely to beat mentor and sacrifices every other matchup outside the "land oath" plan. And the deck doesn't even beat mentor that easily.

So no, we're not out of the 2.5 deck format.

@Prospero
Thank you Nick(s), et al for hosting and running such an amazing tournament!

As I told Nick, I'll keep coming to these events as long as Nick keeps runnin' them. It's a wonderful excuse to get to New York, and also a wonderful tournament and community environment.

I got to go to the Natural History Museum, the Met, enjoy Central Park, watch the NYC pride parade in Manhattan, take a boat ride around the Statue of Liberty, have dinner in Little Italy with my special lady, and, of course, win an Ancestral Recall 🙂

Awesome weekend, great people, amazing Vintage! I hope you do this again!

last edited by Smmenen
    Views