European Vintage League Season1 results

• @ribby said in European Vintage League Season1 results:

@wappla's deck is something. Gotta wrap my brain around that.

Don't be fooled by the designer's name or the misleading semifinal performance (we went 2-2).

It was a ecological experiment, but it was not nor was designed to be a match winning machine.

In any case, I'm not one to tweak a few cards in a deck and declare a new archetype, popular as that sort of thing seems to be nowadays.

• @wappla said in European Vintage League Season1 results:

In any case, I'm not one to tweak a few cards in a deck and declare a new archetype, popular as that sort of thing seems to be nowadays.

Almost as popular as snide, arrogant, and condescending remarks...

What happened, wappla? You used to actually contribute things of worth to the Vintage community.

• @ribby said in European Vintage League Season1 results:

@Serracollector I don't understand your comment - can you explain further? IMP JVP and the Gush small ball approach have been peanut butter and chocolate forever. I'm going to estimate Baral is useless at least half the time.

I believe he's trying to build his own Grand Arbiter Augustin IV....

• TMD Supporter

I have already gotten some feedback on season 1, but please feel free to give me more via PM or in the facebookgroup.

• @ChubbyRain said in European Vintage League Season1 results:

What happened, wappla? You used to actually contribute things of worth to the Vintage community.

Perhaps it was meant to be a rhetorical question but it says quite a bit when you even have to ask it.

Take a look at his post history. Almost every single independent theory, deck list, and point he has tried to make has either fallen on deaf ears or been met by a wall of idiocy that would rival anything President Trump has planned.

There's a reason why the majority of invested pros have washed out of consistent Vintage discussion, it's often a waste of time on pubic forums such as this and contending with arm chair Vintage pros get's pretty tiresome I'd imagine.

• @Serracollector said in European Vintage League Season1 results:

Throw 2 Baral in there over 2 baby jace and it looks like a good strategy.

@Aaron-Patten said in European Vintage League Season1 results:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_playing
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_mentality

Thank you for making my point.

• @socialite said in European Vintage League Season1 results:

@ChubbyRain said in European Vintage League Season1 results:

Perhaps it was meant to be a rhetorical question but it says quite a bit when you even have to ask it.

Take a look at his post history. Almost every single independent theory, deck list, and point he has tried to make has either fallen on deaf ears or been met by a wall of idiocy that would rival anything President Trump has planned.

There's a reason why the majority of invested pros have washed out of consistent Vintage discussion, it's often a waste of time on pubic forums such as this and contending with arm chair Vintage pros get's pretty tiresome I'd imagine.

Most people in my circle of Vintage friends value Wappla's theories and lists. They dislike the passive aggression in recent posts (not just by him and you) and have started to avoid TMD as a result. The problem is those types of posts do nothing to raise the signal to noise ratio of content or change the culture of the online community.

I'm not aware of any Magic-related forum that has active participation from pros. For the most part, competitive Magic takes place in teams and most pros only really interact with the community at large through paid articles and occasionally comments on those articles. Or Twitter, but that's hardly the same medium.

• @yugular said in European Vintage League Season1 results:

I have already gotten some feedback on season 1, but please feel free to give me more via PM or in the facebookgroup.

Going back to the thread, I just watched the second video from the finals. Insane hands, specially from the winner (I have also lost to passing first turn with vault and key in play and losing the combo in my opponent's first turn).

I think it's a great idea to promote a MTGO european league, since timelines are really different accross the Atlantic ocean. Althought I'm not going to participate (I don't have a MTGO account and I don't plan to get one), I find really interesting that players can go a step beyond and make serious vintage testing there. Hey, you can actually create a community and meet at big european tournaments! That would be great for you and vintage community.

And if it's possible to upload the videos of every match, do it please :D

• @ChubbyRain said in European Vintage League Season1 results:

@socialite said in European Vintage League Season1 results:

@ChubbyRain said in European Vintage League Season1 results:

Most people in my circle of Vintage friends value Wappla's theories and lists. They dislike the passive aggression in recent posts (not just by him and you) and have started to avoid TMD as a result. The problem is those types of posts do nothing to raise the signal to noise ratio of content or change the culture of the online community.

I'm not aware of any Magic-related forum that has active participation from pros. For the most part, competitive Magic takes place in teams and most pros only really interact with the community at large through paid articles and occasionally comments on those articles. Or Twitter, but that's hardly the same medium.

This is a fair point but I've been part of this community since 2002 and I've watched plenty of pros get pushed out who were trying to interact on more levels then mentioned.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.