Viability of Belcher in current Vintage metagame

• TMD Supporter

Hello folks. Those of you who have seen my youtubechannel know that I kinda like Belcher. I have played 9 dailies with Day's Undoing Belcher in the past 9 months and decided to share my results to show some proof that Belcher is still a viable deckchoice. It's a glasscannon for sure, but if you like belcher then don't be afraid to give it a go!

So I've played 9 daily events and I have 7x 3-1 results + 2x X-2 results. Excluding byes I have played 33 matches with 22-11 record. Records by archetype:
    Shops: 5-2
    Gush: 3-4
    Dredge: 3-0
    BigBlue: 2-1
    BlueControl: 0-1
    Combo: 6-2
    Oath: 0-0
    Eldrazi: 0-1
    Other: 3-0

It's a small samplesize but there you go.

• How many of these did you lose to your own deck and sour Mulligans as to your opponent out playing you? I think with this small a sample its relevant.

• PO Storm, the way better Belcher.

• TMD Supporter

@Protoaddct said in Viability of Belcher in current Vintage metagame:

How many of these did you lose to your own deck and sour Mulligans as to your opponent out playing you? I think with this small a sample its relevant.

Definitely some amount of games. I don't have exact figures, but some. Belcher is traditionally a high variance deck and my build in not an exception to that rule. On the other hand the deck is built so that it can win even with some mulligans and has lots of live topdeckdraws in many situations.

• @socialite said in Viability of Belcher in current Vintage metagame:

PO Storm, the way better Belcher.

I played belcher 3 times at NA champs with my PO build. 3-0

WAF/WHF