ComicBook Depot January 1K results

• On Sunday January 29, 2017 The Comicbook Depot hosted another Vintage 1K Event. The event drew 17 people (numbers were most likely lower due o another Vintage event held at ASOFAD, also on Long Island) so only a portion of the 1K purse was given out for prize. There were 5 rounds with a cut to top 4 who played it out. Here were the final results of the tournament:

0_1485871355272_CBD 1K final results.jpg

...And here are the decklists. Congrats to our top 4, and congrats to Joe Brennan for taking it down.

1st Place: Joe Brennan – Gush Mentor
    0_1485872174445_JoeBrennanGushMentor.jpg

2nd Place: JP Kohler - Prison Oath
    0_1485872221170_JPKohlerPrisonOath.jpg

3rd Place: Nick Detwiler - Ravager Shops
    0_1485872279042_NickDetwilerRavagerShops.jpg

4th Place: Tom Daliapes - Bomberman Oath
    0_1485872395998_TomDaliapesBombermanOath.jpg

ComicBook Depot's next Vintage event is a Vintage FNM this Friday.

• God; Joe and @Prospero's decks are freaking gorgeous.

• TMD Supporter

Kuldotha Forgemaster...Now that's a card I've not seen in a long time.....from the sideboard. How did it work out @Prospero

• mishra's workshop & oath of druids?
    very interesting!

• @Soly Thank you! Shop decks are my pride and joy. It took a long time to put all of that together.

Waiting on German foil Ballistas. Should have them in the next few weeks.

@joshuabrooks Didn't really get enough games in to see, but it could be good.

Also, for whatever it's worth, top four did not play it out, we split and went home...which is the best part of the elimination rounds.

• That second place deck-list is incredible.

• Even with the conflicting events we had 17 players for our EE Silver Series. Always a great time seeing everyone. Had a fun time playing even though I went 2-3. Trying to figure out a good date in March for my next EE event. Any suggestions?
    Thanks for making Depot a great place to play Vintage on Long Island.
    Dont forget Vintage FNM EE Bronze is this Friday.

• 4 Mishra's Workshop
    3 Mana Confluence
    3 Ancient Tomb
    3 Wasteland
    1 Strip Mine
    4 Forbidden Orchard
    1 Tolarian Academy

1 Mox Jet
    1 Mox Emerald
    1 Mox Pearl
    1 Mox Ruby
    1 Black Lotus
    1 Mana Crypt
    1 Sol Ring
    1 Lotus Petal

1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    2 Sun Titan
    1 Ashen Rider

4 Oath of Druids
    2 Enlighetened Tutor
    4 Ratchet Bomb
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Scroll Rack
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Expedition Map
    1 Chromantic Lantern
    1 Crawlspace
    1 Defense Grid
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Chalice of the Void

SB:
    2 Powder Keg
    4 Nature's Claim
    2 Abrupt Decay
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Ravenous Trap

That is the full list. Untested thrown together the night before the event. I wanted to do a write up but I think the list is too rough for me to want to talk about any of my choices until I really figure out whats what. Elesh Norn def moves to the main over Iona. 4-0-1 in swiss for #1 seed then we chopped top 4. If anyone has questions Id be happy to answer.

#ChooChooBitches
    #TheBlowOutTrain

• @Bibendum could inspiring statuary from aether revolt be of any consideration for the deck to help cast oath, enlightened tutor, any drawn oath creatures, or other potential nonartifact spells through the sphere effects?

• @fermanj It seems interesting but I never had an issue where I was locked under spheres, just issues with having the color online. Double white can be rough same for casting decay, need to tweak the base.

• @Bibendum that makes sense. I ran the deck through a few practice matches online (with the only differences being void winnower and ancestral instead of Iona and crawlspace since I don't currently own those two cards) and the deck felt very powerful. I look forward to seeing how the list looks once it's tuned more.

• I very much like the theory behind crawlspace. It's out there but works. Iona should be elesh norn. I never liked Void Winnower vs blue as I felt it doesn't hit anything important vs them

• @Bibendum I'll have to pick those two cards up then. Thanks for the insight, the deck is awesome.

• Crawlspace was going to be my answer to $60 Ensnaring Bridges a couple weeks ago on MTGO, but they still get Fragmentized :(

• You just need it to speed bump long enough to answer the mentor tokens with a bomb or an Elesh Norn

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.