Vintage Leagues 'coming' to MTGO

• @Smmenen Almost certainly. They were for everything else when leagues arrived.

• @The-Atog-Lord Hmm, well then it becomes tricky for sure whether this is a good thing or not. I was under the assumption that the DE's would remain even though leagues arrive. For myself it is by far easier to play a league than a Daily in the middle of the night, but for the general Vintage community this might even end up backfiring.

• The entire point of adding leagues is to get rid of daily events. Daily events curtail attendance to only those that have the time (and a specific time at that) for someone to sit in front of a computer for 3-4 hours. They are inefficient.

• I'm pretty sure they'll run dailies and the league tandem for at least a month, lee sharpe stated on twitter how much monitoring it'll need. If leagues fail they'll get removed as a second option.

Something has to be tried though to accommodate more than just the 2 dozen or so regular daily players, they aren't any more important than other vintage players. If it fails at least they tried and dailies will still be an option.

What will help more is the big vintage names actually putting there support behind it and not putting it down all because there is a miniscule chance there daily might be affected for nothing. Getting the legacy players who use to play online vintage, and the online vintage players who stalk the tourny practice room but can't play dailies hyped and actually give this a chance.

• @Montolio Have you not thought that maybe the vintage playerbase is so small because it's either invest in a 700tix deck just for free play, or play in dailies where the time slot is unreasonable for a lot of the non-USA playerbase? That is what online vintage is currenly and something needs to be tried at least.

We should be working towards bringing back those who migrated to legacy for leagues. And getting the main hub of online vintage players into competitive play.

• @Supertimland said in Vintage Leagues 'coming' to MTGO:

@Montolio Have you not thought that maybe the vintage playerbase is so small because it's either invest in a 700tix deck just for free play, or play in dailies where the time slot is unreasonable for a lot of the non-USA playerbase? That is what online vintage is currenly and something needs to be tried at least.

We should be working towards bringing back those who migrated to legacy for leagues. And getting the main hub of online vintage players into competitive play.

Agree.

• In addition to expanding access to the rest of the planet, Leagues might also help save MTGO Vintage from the hopelessly inbred and narcissistic meta it has become.

Who cares about preserving dailies? A 12 player event on a digital platform is pathetic, hardly worth saving at all. There's nothing to lose here.

• @Supertimland said in Vintage Leagues 'coming' to MTGO:

@kistrand I know 11 people personally at my one LGS that have vintage online, but we cannot play dailies as we all work whilst dailies are firing (11am-1pm).

This is me with the added spice of working during the monthly events. I haven't played a match of online vintage in months now :/

• TMD Supporter

@thecravenone said in Vintage Leagues 'coming' to MTGO:

@Supertimland said in Vintage Leagues 'coming' to MTGO:

@kistrand I know 11 people personally at my one LGS that have vintage online, but we cannot play dailies as we all work whilst dailies are firing (11am-1pm).

This is me with the added spice of working during the monthly events. I haven't played a match of online vintage in months now :/

I used to play a few Dailies a week at least. Partly I stopped because the changes to payouts and entry fees annoyed me, but mostly it has to do with the fact that as my son has gotten older he has needed my time even more than before. He used to go to bed earlier and it wasn't as exhausting because he was smaller.

By the time the one daily I could possibly play in occurs it's 10 pm my time and I'm dead tired from work/parenting/cleaning the hurricane-like damage he causes in the house, etc. The thought of playing magic at that point is just not appealing. Every time I end up playing I'm not even really liking it whether I'm winning or not.

Now if I could hop on and play a few league matches when I actually feel the desire to play I would be so much happier. I find the game enjoyable when I'm not half-asleep.

Keep in mind that the power nine challenge would still be happening each month so there would be a monthly big tournament. AND I bet if the people who love those dailies and challenges could prove they'd fill up more than one a month they'd add another one. What if there was a league going at all the time and a Friday or Saturday night tournament as well? Seems like that could be arraigned.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.