ToyWiz EE Satellite 1/28 Nanuet Results

ToyWiz had 12 people turn out for the first Vintage event. Very happy with the turnout and we hope to grow it in the future.

I wanted to make this post because I split the finals and have been played the same deck twice. I split the event at the Bearded Dragon a while backs so I figure I would throw the list out there.

It was twelve people so we did not do decklists. 100% of the cash went back to the players so it was still a pretty sweet tournament.

I split the finals with someone playing close toJoe's UWR Mentor list. I was playing UR delver/pyro. We built it because of card availbility out of Joe's collection but it ended up being the stone nuts.

Joe Brennan and I copied the list from Miss-Clique's Magic Online and made a couple changes. I can't explain why the deck is doing well but I believe its because
it has pretty good game against workshops and mentor decks. Even though I beat Eldrazi twice over two weeks I find that it has a poor eldrazi, paradoxical outcome, and oath matchups.

SUDDEN SHOCK WAS AMAZING across both events. Played mentor, eldrazi, dredge, nahiri/jace planeswalker control. Two weeks ago I played bloodmoon control, dredge, eldrazi twice, UWR mentor, paradoxical outcome,

4 Delver of Secrets
4 Young Pyromancer

4 Force of Will
4 Mental Misstep
1 Pyroblast

2 Null Rod

4 Lightning Bolt
1 Sudden Shock

4 Preordain
4 Gitaxian Probe
3 Gush
1 Brainstorm
1 Ponder
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Time Walk
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Dig Through Time

4 Scalding Tarn
4 Polluted Delta
4 Volcanic Island
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Island
1 Strip Mine
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Ruby

/Sideboard
4 Grafdigger's Cage
3 Ingot Chewer
1 Mountain
1 Relic of Progenitus
1 Null Rod
1 Sudden Shock
1 Hurkyl's Recall
1 Mindbreak Trap
1 Sulfur Elemental
1 Pyroblast

2 Null rod main, To hold off storm? Ignot Chewer is a monster of a sideboard card.

JVP does quite a bit for the Eldrazi match up, I'd suggest you give a full set a shot.

Views