ToyWiz EE Satellite 1/28 Nanuet Results

• ToyWiz had 12 people turn out for the first Vintage event. Very happy with the turnout and we hope to grow it in the future.

I wanted to make this post because I split the finals and have been played the same deck twice. I split the event at the Bearded Dragon a while backs so I figure I would throw the list out there.

It was twelve people so we did not do decklists. 100% of the cash went back to the players so it was still a pretty sweet tournament.

I split the finals with someone playing close toJoe's UWR Mentor list. I was playing UR delver/pyro. We built it because of card availbility out of Joe's collection but it ended up being the stone nuts.

Joe Brennan and I copied the list from Miss-Clique's Magic Online and made a couple changes. I can't explain why the deck is doing well but I believe its because
    it has pretty good game against workshops and mentor decks. Even though I beat Eldrazi twice over two weeks I find that it has a poor eldrazi, paradoxical outcome, and oath matchups.

SUDDEN SHOCK WAS AMAZING across both events. Played mentor, eldrazi, dredge, nahiri/jace planeswalker control. Two weeks ago I played bloodmoon control, dredge, eldrazi twice, UWR mentor, paradoxical outcome,

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Young Pyromancer

4 Force of Will
    4 Mental Misstep
    1 Pyroblast

2 Null Rod

4 Lightning Bolt
    1 Sudden Shock

4 Preordain
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Gush
    1 Brainstorm
    1 Ponder
    1 Ancestral Recall
    1 Time Walk
    1 Treasure Cruise
    1 Dig Through Time

4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Volcanic Island
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Island
    1 Strip Mine
    1 Black Lotus
    1 Mox Sapphire
    1 Mox Ruby

/Sideboard
    4 Grafdigger's Cage
    3 Ingot Chewer
    1 Mountain
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Null Rod
    1 Sudden Shock
    1 Hurkyl's Recall
    1 Mindbreak Trap
    1 Sulfur Elemental
    1 Pyroblast

• 2 Null rod main, To hold off storm? Ignot Chewer is a monster of a sideboard card.

• JVP does quite a bit for the Eldrazi match up, I'd suggest you give a full set a shot.

• What's the 60th card?

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.