Early Magic theory: paper x internet

• I've been researching Magic theory articles recently and failing to notice any good game theory or strategy articles in paper magazines. Seems like every relevant text was published online first. Since I live in Brazil, I didn't get access to a lot of the early publications printed in the US. So am I missing something here?

• I too, was researching this when I recently did some cleaning and found old scrye, InQuest and Beckett magazines. Theory was more of an online thing, indeed. Magazines mostly published recent lists and the state of standard, sometimes about the Extended, type1 and type 1.5 formats but never really delved deeper. At least from what I remember. Although, i havent gotten my hands on any copies of Duelist magazines..

• @Ten-Ten Garfield wrote a few interesting articles for Duelist, and some of them are online. Inquest was a mix of standard tech and bad card combo advice :P

Duelist interests me as the one with most potential, but the earlier ones are hard to find, and scans don't exist as far as I know.

• I own several of the earliest Duellist numbers and can make some scans if needed but you must be more precise in what you are looking for.
    The theoretical articles that can be found in them are about stuff that are quite widely known now. However, it is fun and i read them again now and then.

• @albarkhane PM'ed you @albarkhane :)

• Does any one know if there could be some copyright trouble if i publish online those old Duellist numbers (partial or whole) ? I do not plan to do any money or whatever with them, just to make them available to the comunauty.

• @albarkhane said in Early Magic theory: paper x internet:

Does any one know if there could be some copyright trouble if i publish online those old Duellist numbers (partial or whole) ? I do not plan to do any money or whatever with them, just to make them available to the comunauty.

Duelist is still under copyright by WotC. If you're doing something other than just dumping the articles (eg, writing a commentary about the article), you may fall under fair use. Either way, there's bunches of scans of Duelist available online, indicating that it's unlikely you'll get hit with a copyright complaint.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.