This weekend was incredible. I cheered on as my teammate @Montolio took home a beautiful lotus painting and @The Atog Lord and @brianpk80 added to their already impressive resumes with top 8 appearances. I spent the weekend with my vintage friends who I frequently speak with but see in person not nearly often enough, and met many new players.
I would like to thank Nick Coss for organizing yet another incredible Eternal Weekend; the venue and the city of Pittsburgh did not disappoint. Tom Dixon secured the decklists necessary for this report, spent late hours on Friday night recording them with @chubbyrain and me, as well as correcting several of our sleep-deprived typos. Finally, thank you to @bpaf, @Log, and @PugSuperStar for recording the pairings and standings.
427 players showed up on Friday. Here is our metagame report. Thanks as always to @ChubbyRain for his help.
Top 8 Lists:
- Andy Markiton - Ravager Shops
- Rich Shay - Ravager Shops
- Patrick Fehling - Inferno Oath
- Michael Kiesel - Ravager Shops
- Ibrahim Alridge - Oath
- Brian Kelly - Inferno Oath
- Brian Durkin - Ravager Shops
- Eric Vergo - Ravger Shops
- Michael Holm - Dredge
- Mike Solymossy - Jeskai Mentor
- Nick DiJohn - Ravager Shops
- Kyle Teagan - Landstill
- Steve Walsh - Dredge
- Vasu Balakrishnan - UW SFM Control
- Russ Martin - Ravager Shops
- Shawn Chen - Blue Moon
- Zohar Bhagat - Delver
- Mateo Pina - Paradoxical
- Jose Ortiz - Ravager Shops
- Ryan Eberhart - Sylvan Mentor
- Rugved Karhade - Landstill
- Frank Lodovico - BUG Fish
- David Fleischmann-Rose - Paradoxical Oath
- John Grudzina - BUGr Fish
- Xin Sui - Delver
- Bryan Rockenbach - Mentor
- Dan Barkon - Ravager Shops
- Ruben Gonzalez - Grixis Thieves
- Akash Naidu - Grixis Night's Whisper Control
- Mark Arce - Landstill
- Tony Murata - Ravager Shops
- Charles Rolko - Ravager Shops
Although the top 8 implied a two deck format, looking deeper reveals a healthier situation, with multiple archetypes on the bubble of top 8 appearances.
EDIT: See http://www.themanadrain.com/post/24966 for an archetype explanation
EDIT #2: I used Jaco's scans to make a few classification corrections and add tags. The tag information is quite interesting, so I suggest taking a look at that. Remember that you can do some tag separation (e.g. how well did null rod decks that weren't budget do?) by saving a copy of the spreadsheet to your google drive and filling in tags into the Include/Exclude fields on the Tag Breakdown sheet.