Come take a break from the Texan heat and the Vintage grind with some non-proxy Old School!
- Location: Kinda Tropical (3501 E 7th St)
- Entry Fee: $10 donation
- Charity: Mission 22 (organization aimed at ending veteran suicide)
- Payout: This is a charity event without a prize pool, but we'll have some fun things happening
- Registration: 11:00 registration, with a 12:00 start time
- Ruleset: We will be using Eternal Central's deck construction rules (http://www.eternalcentral.com/oldschool/)
- Proxies: Unlike our Vintage events, THIS EVENT IS NON-PROXY. That said, this event is also intended to be casual and fun, so come play with whatever you can throw together!
- Decklists: We will be collecting decklists in the form of deck photos. We'll post instructions on this prior to the event.
Something I'm wondering about is how to use the wishboard. If you're in Game 2 of, say, a Shops Mirror, do you board out your Spheres etc and bring in wishboard targets? My inclination is yes, and that weakening your Karn options isn't as bad as running terrible cards in your 60.
Related question: let's say you've got 3 Tormod's, 3 Cage in your board and you're playing against Dredge. Do you bring in all 6 pieces, or do you leave some in in case you draw Karn? Or is the intelligent approach to just board out Karn in the Dredge matchup?
Karn's been dominating MTGO results, through 2 different decks:
- Karn Shops, which is essentially an evolution of Staxxx
- KarnDrazi, which is Colorless Eldrazi with some Karns and a wishboard jammed in
Unless we see an emergency restriction (/s) of Karn, seems like we should be discussing ways to build, play, and beat these decks.
Any Karn pilots here want to share their experience?
(The Karn, the Great Creator thread is a dumpster fire, so it felt appropriate to split this off.)