Quote from: Stormanimagus on March 16, 2016, 06:39:41 pm
>Instead of tearing things down we should calmly explain our opinions.
I really don't have much of anything in the way of Legacy or Vintage cards, sadly. I'm just asking what a good deck could be good to start with besides Dredge.
I also don't have a playgroup near me, which is why i am trying to get one started. Any ideas on how to start a Vintage playgroup?
- If you're starting your own playgroup, I recommend allowing proxies, in which case a powerless build isn't necessary. In my opinion, without proxies, any non-established Vintage scene is likely to quickly die as people can't play the decks they play on modo, see on streams, etc.
- I'm pretty sure there's been multiple threads on this but I can only find two, both of which are podcasts. Wak-Wak and Lone Star Lhurgoyfs
they choose the card, so the first triggers are all just going to hit counterspells, removal with no target, etc until those cards are gone.
To clarify, the player that is randomly chosen is the one that chooses the card. 50% of the time, that's going to be you choosing good cards from your graveyard. The other 50% of the time, it's going to be your opponent choosing bad cards.
Need details so I can book my flights
It's an entire 80 days out and you want details!? What are you, some kinda planner!? /s
12 players competed in Vintage at Rudz today. Check out the results!"
- Sam C - Jund
- Nick P - Grixis Painter
- Tim E - UG Merfolk (Decklist missing)
- Aaron B - Dredge
- Keith S - Two Card Monte
- Stephen R - Grixis Walkers
- Stephen B - Jeskai Mentor
- Chad M - Mono Blue Antiquities War
- Ben W - Ravager Shops
- Ben K - BUG Fish
- Ashby G - Merfolk
- Karttik P - Oath
Force of Negation on Cindervintes while Elvish Sprit Guide is in play. This format is great.
Deluge on 8 to kill a Goyf
Date: August 3, 2019
Location: Rudyard's British Pub 2010 Waugh Dr
Houston, Texas, 77006 [MAP]
Registration Time: 11:30 AM
Event Begins: 12:00 PM
Entry Fee: $0
Payout: 100% of entry fees to first place!
Proxy limit: Unlimited proxy
Proxy rules: Don't make us need to make a proxy rule!
Decklists are required. We do not perform deck checks but we want lists so we can post them. Have bad handwriting? Use the decklist generator here! Please don't put anything on your decklist that you don't want to be seen publicly as your decklist may be scanned and uploaded in full.
You may also email your decklist as plain text to sam at lonestarlhurgoyfs dot com the day of the tournament.
It would be greatly appreciated if your decklist was filled out and ready before our scheduled start time of 12 PM